ARE YOU READY FOR THE RAPTURE?
Text: Acts 2:14-21
Introduction: If you have been around Pentecost a long time, like
I have, I am sure you have heard it preached that "we will make
it, somehow, to the rapture." There was a time when I believed
this line of thinking; it goes like this: "Things are going to
get worse and worse (and they are and they will) but if the
church will just hold on, hang on, pray hard; God will help us to
somehow make it to that moment when Jesus raptures us home to
heaven." I have changed my thinking on this subject. I want to tell you,
today, what I believe the condition of this raptured church will be when
the trumpet sounds and calls us home to heaven. As the world gets
more wicked, the church that goes in the rapture should get stronger and
more powerful, in the Spirit.
I. AS THE WORLD GETS MORE WICKED, THE CHURCH THAT GOES IN THE
RAPTURE SHOULD GET STRONGER AND MORE POWERFUL, IN THE SPIRIT!
A. Actually, there are two great movements within the
christian church in these last days.
1. There is a very large movement within the christian
church toward a social gospel.
2. Many churchfolk of our day are afraid of being
"politically incorrect," therefore, they are falling
right in line with the one world order and new age movement..
3. There is a second, great movement in the christian Ã HOLY
GHOST, DEVIL BUSTING, SOUL SAVING, SIGNS AND WONDERS
Matthew 5 says that the pure (holy) in heat shall see God.
JESUS IS COMING FOR A HOLINESS CHURCH. HOLINESS IN FACT
AND HOLINESS IN NAME. I for one am not ashamed to be called “A HOLINESS PREACHER”
B. Every Christian, must make a daily decision just which direction they will move in
these last days.
1. To be honest, the easiest and most convenient route is
to "cool off, calm down and just drift with the times."
2. You don't have to pray much (or any at all) to go the direction that most churches, and most christians, are going;
just follow the crowd and "don't make waves."
3. Sadly, there is lot of our fellow believers who are
happy and content to just have things "the way they have
always been, don't rock the boat, don't be a fanatic."
C. If you want to be popular, to be liked and appreciated; stay with this "calm and cool crowd." Just remember that
the broad way leads to distruction.
1. If you are concerned about your status in society or
your standing with the world, don't link up with those
"CRAZED PENTECOSTALS." “HOLY ROLLERS”
2. We make people too uncomfortable, the powerful Holy Spirit will prick their
conscience too much; a lot of people don't like us.
3. We're too "INTOLERANT," we're too "RADICAL," we're too
"EMOTIONAL”, TOO LOUD." Saints STAND UP and be counted!
You should never be ashamed to be numbered among the sanctified.
II. ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, THE CHURCH THAT GOES WHEN JESUS COMES WILL LOOK LIKE THE CHURCH
THAT HE LEFT ON THAT JUDEAN HILLSIDE ALMOST 2,000 YEARS AGO!!!
A. That was a "radical" church, a church "on fire of the Holy
Ghost," a church that was in a constant state of revival.
1. Acts 17:6 "...these that have turned the world upside
down are come hither also." (what impact have we had on our communities?)
2. On the Day of Pentecost, they were accused of being drunk in the middle of the afternoon; unheard of for
decent, law abiding citizens.
Peter proclaimed “these men aren’t drunk as ye suppose” He never said they weren’t drunk, because they were-
they were drunk on new wine- the Wine of The Holy Ghost!
3. When these early men and women of God went into a city,
they were determined to have REVIVAL, they needed a daily “touch of the Master”.
B. The early church was a church that saw a steady stream of signs and wonders accompanying their preaching of
the gospel. (where are your signs? What will be your legacy?)
1. Peter & John at the gate of the temple, just a few days after the day of Pentecost.
2. Peter was imprisoned for preaching the gospel; the church started praying and believing God and an angel was
sent from the glory world to set him free.
3. It is recorded that Peter had such "glory" of the Lord accompanying his ministry that when his shadow would over
people, they would be healed.
C. That early church was a bold, energetic, courageous church
that was not afraid to proclaim the message of the Lord.
1. We have become so conscious of our standing in society that we shy away from preaching a "STRONG GOSPEL"
or allowing the Holy Spirit to have His way.
2. We have almost become like politicians; making sure that our proclamation will be acceptable before we proclaim
3. THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH, WHETHER IT IS ACCEPTABLE OR NOT!!!
III. WHAT WILL THAT RAPTURED CHURCH BE LIKE?
A. It will be a church that preaches, teaches and lives a bold, biblical gospel before the world.
1. People in the world are desperately searching for a gospel that is real, not phony.
2. They also want you, the Christian, to be a living, breathing, walking, talking witness of that gospel.
3. They may ridicule you but deep down inside, they will admire you and you will attract them by your boldness and
B. It will be a church that is not afraid to let God be God; Miracle Worker, Healer, Deliverer, Holy Ghost Baptizer.
1. Our gospel has been "WATERED DOWN" and stripped of it's dynamic power for too long.
2. Signs and wonders are supposed to follow us but, for much too long, we have failed to allow God to have His way
in our lives.
C. Finally, it will be a church that is looking for Him to come at any moment; but, working like crazy until He comes!!!
1. I believe Jesus is coming, quickly!!!
2. That, however, is not excuse for me just roll over and quit working for Him.
3. He has called us to "occupy until I come."
WE ARE NOT GOING TO JUST BARELY LIMP OUT OF THIS WORLD IN THE
RAPTURE!!! THE CHURCH THAT GOES WHEN JESUS COMES WILL BE A
POWERFUL CHURCH, A BOLD CHURCH, A CHURCH OF SIGNS, WONDERS AND
MIRACLES; A CHURCH REDHOT IN REVIVAL, AN EVANGELISTIC CHURCH
(REACHING EVERY MAN POSSIBLE WITH THIS SOUL SAVING MESSAGE)!!!
Evangelist Michael K. Mann